I love movies. A lot. And I take any opportunity to reference them or quote them. And it makes me super happy when someone understands my references. This is a list of the ten movies that I quote most often, in no particular order.
- Pirates of the Caribbean. I love this movie and it makes me sad that not everyone gets my constant references. The quotes I use most often are “I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request….means no” and “That would be the French”.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This movie is hilarious! I can watch it any time. I usually quote “Put some Windex on it” and “What do you mean he don’t eat no meat?!?…That’s ok I make lamb”
- Harry Potter I just take any line from the movies and quote it whenever possible. I don’t know if there are any lines in particular that I use most often but some of my favorite lines are from the first movie. I love to somehow work into the conversation “TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!….Thought you ought to know!” and “She needs to sort out her priorities.” I also like to do that line from the sixth movie where Harry says something about the pincers of spiders and does the motion with his hands. That cracks me up.
- Princess Bride This movie is such a classic. I watch it all the time. I usually quote “It’s possible…pig” and “Life’s not fair. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something”
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail Not very many people are familiar with this movie but it is another comedy. It’s British comedy and it’s from Monty Python so it’s really weird. I like it though. I like to quote “You’re mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!” and “Tis but a scratch” and “She turned me into a newt!…I got better” and “now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.” Typing all those out makes me realize how weird this movie really is.
- Hocus Pocus I watch this movie every year on Halloween. It too is one of my favorites. I tend to quote “Amok….Amok! Amok! Amok!” and “Boooooooooooook”
- Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar I know this is a rather broad genre of movies but if I listed every Disney movie I quote, this list would be 5 times as long. I most often sing Disney songs but will also quote “I like that boulder. That’s a nice boulder” (Shrek, Dreamworks) and “You’re a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity” (Toy Story, Pixar) and “Just keep swimming!” (Finding Nemo, Disney)
- Mean Girls My friends and I quote this all the time. It’s usually “She doesn’t even go here”
- Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit I LOVE these movies. I usually quote the line where the hobbits are asking about second breakfast and elevensies and such. That’s a good line. And “Mine. My own. My Precious” and “I needs it!”
- Thoroughly Modern Millie This movie is another good one and if you haven’t seen it, watch it. I tend to quote “Soy sauce!!!” and “Raspberries!” Apparently I just say random foods from this movie but it’s the way you say it.
Bonus Movie: Anchorman I only just watched this movie but I can tell that it’s something I will quote a lot. I’ve already started. I think I’ll usually quote “I love lamp” and “milk was a bad choice” and “Loud noises!!!!”
So that’s a list of the 10 Movie that I Quote Most Often, along with a bonus movie. I love to quote movies so this is not a complete list of movies I quote but it actually covers a lot of the things I quote. I guess I also quote TV shows and sing songs. What kinds of things do you like to quote?
Update on my New Year’s Resolutions:
No makeup: I’m doing well! I haven’t worn any makeup in the last couple of weeks (I started working on this before I told you guys). I’ve wanted to a couple of times but I decided that I needed to be strong.
Messing with my nails: I’m FAILING!!!! It’s so hard. My nails are in terrible shape right now and they’re really painful. But I just keep making them worse. I’m going to try to start taking care of them so that might help. I hope so.
Chewing my lips: I haven’t noticed myself doing that a lot this week but it’s been a relatively stress free school year so far. So I don’t think I can say that I’m doing well or not well with this.
Touching my face: I’m proud of the progress I’ve made with this resolution. Not to say that I haven’t touched my face, but anytime I catch myself doing it, I stop. I think that counts as good progress. Maybe in a couple of weeks I won’t have to stop myself, I just won’t do it in the first place.